- With this fundraising campaign, Wisper is marking a major turning point in its commercial development.
- With this renewed confidence, Wisper, through its ceBox® solutions, virtualisation without server infrastructure, will be able to penetrate new markets and regions, and is already providing many customers with new Cloud-based features in Saas mode.
Paris/Rouen, January 16th 2020 – WISPER, workstation management solutions provider, announced today that it has completed a financing operation amounting to 12 million euros to strengthen its equity. This campaign is a part of the company’s hardware investment funding and financing the pursuit of technological and commercial development, in France and on an international scale.
This financial transaction took place:
- through a €5 million capital increase from its current manager, Jean-Marc Gonon, a private entrepreneur and the Normandie Participationsfund;
- through bank loans of €7 million from 3 banks: Crédit Agricole, Bred and BNP Paribas.
ceBox® is a solution developed by a 100% French R&D team. Since its launch in 2016, ceBox® has been well received by customers, particularly in education, customer service, retail, healthcare and the public sector. The primary objective was to facilitate the management of workstations in multi-site companies. Building on this interest, the solution is now developing on a global scale.
‘Our customers are looking for solutions that help them simplify the management of their IT infrastructure, and offer them more flexibility and choice in the design and delivery of their applications. Supporting the development of our key account customers in new countries, and setting up Wisper there, will be one of the major challenges in our development because the solution has no limit in terms of the number of workstations or sites managed ‘, says Jean-Marc Gonon, President of Wisper.
In fact, thanks to ceBox® technology, a solution embedded on Intel NUC mini PCs, customers can easily manage their entire IT infrastructure, regardless of the number of sites and countries involved.
‘The ceBox solution has major advantages in terms of managing the IT pool, which is often dispersed across numerous sites. The ceBox® solution makes it possible to drastically simplify the management of these fleets, to make significant energy savings, to reduce technician travel time and all this with zero local infrastructure.
We were quickly convinced by the strengths of the offer as well as by the values conveyed by the company‘ says John Guinet, investment manager at Normandie Participations.
With more than 15,000 solutions installed in 9 countries, the solution offered in Saas mode generates savings between 20% and 40% depending on the country and the dedicated architecture. It is suitable for key accounts as well as more lightweight structures, such as start-ups. Since its launch, it has equipped public administrations, schools, colleges and even universities. The ceBox® rental management model also enables its customers to better manage their cash flow and maintain their investment capacity.
With this model, Wisper benefits from recurring revenue and nearly €10 million in contractual agreements for the next four years.
Based in Paris, Rouen and Casablanca, the start-up now has 22 employees and plans to integrate 10 new talented people this year. This fund-raising will enable the start-up, which already has a turnover of €3.5 million, to profitably accelerate its commercial development and adapt its technology to new market expectations.
- Normandie Participation: François GUISSET / John GUINET / Hugo LECOUTEY
- Crédit Agricole: Arnaud VERHASSELT / Axel LEMARCHAND
- Bred: Christophe CAMPOS / Alain LANGLET
- BNP Paribas: Antoine de CAMBOURG / Julien BELLAVOINE
- Legal business advice: MBA Avocats (Jean-Philippe JACOB/Éric du PELOUX); Cabinet Plantrou-De la Brunière et Associés (Arnaud de la BRUNIERE)
- Legal investor advice: Room Avocats (Ambroise de LAMAZE)
Wisper develops a unique solution for the virtualization of multi-environment desktops without server infrastructure. The ceBox® offer is at the core of the digital transformation of private and public IT architectures, by combining performance and accessibility. An Intel Platinum partner, Wisper, based in Rouen (Normandy, France), aims to offer the best in virtualization and overcoming distance, while respecting the environment. To find out more, visit https://www.wisper.io/en/.