The ISDs of French educational facilities are faced with numerous constraints in the management of their workstation systems: budget problems, technology problems, and even energy problems. The virtualization of workstations has become the ideal solution for modernizing educational environments while keeping costs down, improving security and optimizing computer resources.
The management of a workstation system has become complex and difficult
- How do you ensure the security of teachers’ and learners’ data?
- How do you reduce the energy footprint of the workstations?
- How do you reduce the time and cost of managing these workstation systems?
- How do you manage a multitude of applications specific to the students’ curriculum?
- How do you manage the BYOD and offer secure remote access to students as well as teachers?
The virtualization of workstations represents the ideal solution for dealing with the problems of modernizing the educational environment by holding down costs while effectively improving security as well as optimizing computer resources. The administration of your system will be easier and more efficient.
The use of thin clients allows for enhanced use of the virtual workstation system. The thin client designates a workstation that locally integrates neither data nor applications. It displays virtual machines (Linux or Windows) executed on the server. As a result, the thin client requires much less maintenance than a fat client since its local system is reduced basically to a display device. In addition, thin clients generate much less noise and heat, ensuring a much calmer atmosphere in the classroom.