The virtualisation of a workstation consists in representing a virtual image of the user’s workstation. In this box, this process works directly on the user’s computer and does not require a server infrastructure.
Today, more and more companies are using desktop virtualisation. Indeed, many advantages are put forward :
- Security : Desktop virtualisation also allows you to secure your workstations. Each time your virtual PCs start up, they are automatically cleaned of any malicious installations, whether intentional or unintentional. They recover the image defined by the administrator, a PC like new every morning.
- Productivity / Efficiency : The time to repair a workstation is greatly reduced. In the past, if a problem occurred, the employee would have to open a ticket, wait for the trip and then the repair. In contrast, thanks to virtualisation, all workstations are managed by a central administration console, which allows users to :
- Update the user environment
- Connect to the user’s interface to support the user
- Start/restart or restore a work environment
- An unparalleled ROI : In fact, measuring the time of travel and intervention on each user compared to a centralized administration console allows you to achieve the same result in a few clicks. and deploy dozens of environments in a few clicks.