Wannacry is a malicious piece of software in the “ransomware” family. This software uses a weakness in the Windows operating system to infiltrate computers and block all access to the computer until you pay a ransom of $300 per terminal. Below you’ll find an infographic created by Wisper that sums up the Wannacry cyberattack.
Some figures from the Wannacry cyberattack
- 174 countries affected
- 300,000 computers infected
- Estimated cost of the attack for companies: 1 billion dollars
- Total cost of ransomware attacks worldwide for companies in 2016: 450 billion dollars (Graham, 2017)
3 months after the Wannacry attack
- 83% of IT departments are aware they they’ll have to deal with these ransomware-type attacks in the near future
- 6% are prepared to pay the ransom to recover their data
- 50% of IT managers have set up training programs with their staff to teach them how to react
- 15% of IT managers indicate that they haven’t taken any specific measures to avoid these threats
The ceBox solution to prevent and to cure!
In only 5 minutes, the ceBox solution can patch your entire stock of computers thanks to its centralized management solution. You can also centrally manage all your application updates in security.
Also, even in case of infection, the non-persistent ceBox desktop mode lets you regenerate a desktop at any time by simply shutting it down. When it restarts, the terminal is immediately available in its state as defined by the administrator, and is therefore untouched by any voluntary or involuntary pollution such as viruses or any type of malicious software